International Drone Day - Saturday 05.06.17
International Drone Day - Saturday May 06, 2017
'International Drone Day' takes place Saturday May 6th 2017. This follows the success of the first International Drone Day in 2015, which saw over 40,000 people in 150 countries take part.
Drones continue to be an often controversial topic, and so International Drone Day 2017 is set to be even larger than last year. Hundreds of teams throughout the world will hold events to educate those outside of the drone community about the many positive ways in which drones are used to better society. The mantra of those taking part is “Drones are Good!”
In partnership with the Academy of Model Aeronautics 'AMA', International Drone Day event activities vary by team and include drone racing, aerial photography and videography instruction, and search and rescue demonstrations. All events are open to the public and press, with photographs, filming and interviews welcome.
We would love you to attend an International Drone Day event on Saturday May 6th. The full list of events is located at www.internationaldroneday.com
International Drone Day is supported by the Academy of Model Aeronautics, AirVuz, MultiGP, Interdrone
International Drone Day was founded by Sarah and David Oneal, of “That Drone Show”. They comment: “International Drone Day is hosted by the drone community for the public. It's an opportunity for people that have heard of drones to find out more about them. As a result of International Drone Day 2015, vast numbers of people now understand that drones are used in good ways – from being used to save lives in search and rescue, to providing more efficient ways to monitor crops, to producing beautiful photographs. International Drone Day also highlights the much needed economic boost provided by drones, and shows that drones are fun!"
- The goal of is to educate the public that “drones are good” by highlighting their positive applications
- Over 150 teams in 50 countries are taking part
- All events are open to the press and public
- International Drone Day 2017 is Saturday 6 May 2017
- International Drone day was founded by: David Oneal and Sarah Oneal, hosts of “That Drone Show” and producers of the documentary “The Drone Invasion”
- More than 40,000 people in 150 countries participated in International Drone Day 2015
Press contact information:
David Oneal and Sarah Oneal
Telephone +1 949.527.5927 or +1 949.887.6937
Facebook: That Drone Show or International Drone Day
YouTube: That Drone Show
Web thatdroneshow.com or internationaldroneday.com
Social media hashtags:
- The AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) has stood for safety in the model aircraft community for decades.
- AirVuz provides an online platform which showcases professional, and amateur drone videos
- MultiGP are a drone racing organization comprising of 275 Chapters around the world
- InterDrone is a "must attend" drone conference. This year it is taking place September 7-9 at the Paris Hotel, Las Vegas
- Wildly Creative Marketing - a marketing company that produces live drone racing events, provides social media services, video production and trade show videos and sponsorship sales
Positive uses of drones include:
- Search and rescue
- Law enforcement
- Fire fighting
- Environmental and marine research, conservation and preservation
- Art (photography; cinematography)
- STEM and STEAM