International Drone Day 2019 – 5 year anniversary
* It is the 5 year anniversary of International Drone Day in 2019
* This year the event will be held on May 4th 2019
* We are thrilled to all the teams around the world as part of our global effort to educate the planet that Drones Are Good!
* High Rez logos can be found here:
International Drone Day’ takes place Saturday May 04, 2019.
This follows the success of the first International Drone Day in 2015, which saw over 40,000 people in 23 countries take part. Last year over 85,000 people participated in 31 countries – In year 5 drone use has grown 28,000 % since 5 years ago when we started International Drone Day in 2015
Drones continue to be an often controversial topic, and so International Drone Day 2019 is set to be even larger than last year. Hundreds of teams throughout the world will hold events to educate those outside of the drone community about the many positive ways in which drones are used to better society.
The mantra of those taking part is “Drones are Good!”
In partnership with the Academy of Model Aeronautics ‘AMA’, International Drone Day event activities vary by team and include drone racing, aerial photography and videography instruction, and search and rescue demonstrations. All events are open to the public and press, with photographs, filming and interviews welcome.
We would love you to attend an International Drone Day event on Saturday May 4th. The full list of events is located at www.internationaldroneday.com
International Drone Day is supported by the Academy of Model Aeronautics, AirVuz, MultiGP, Interdrone
International Drone Day was founded by Sarah and David Oneal, of “That Drone Show”. They comment: “International Drone Day is hosted by the drone community for the public. It’s an opportunity for people that have heard of drones to find out more about them.
As a result of International Drone Day 2015, vast numbers of people now understand that drones are used in good ways – from being used to save lives in search and rescue, to providing more efficient ways to monitor crops, to producing beautiful photographs. International Drone Day also highlights the much needed economic boost provided by drones, and shows that drones are fun!”
– The goal of is to educate the public that “drones are good” by highlighting their positive applications - Over 150 teams in 50 countries are taking part - All events are open to the press and public - International Drone Day 2018 is Saturday 4 May 2019 - International Drone day was founded by: David Oneal and Sarah Oneal, hosts of “That Drone Show” and producers of the documentary “The Drone Invasion”
– More than 40,000 people in 150 countries participated in International Drone Day 2015
Press contact information: David Oneal and Sarah Oneal
Social media hashtags:
– The AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) has stood for safety in the model aircraft community for decades.
– AirVuz provides an online platform which showcases professional, and amateur drone videos
– MultiGP are a drone racing organization comprising of 275 Chapters around the world
Positive uses of drones include: - Search and rescue
– Law enforcement
– Fire fighting
– Environmental and marine research, conservation and preservation
– Art (photography; cinematography)
– STEM and STEAM